Arrernte language is the traditional language of Mparntwe (Alice Springs) and is spoken by the people of the Alice Springs region.
Areas of the school are identified with Arrernte names.
The translations are:
- Irretye - Wedge tail eagle
- Irrarnte - Black cockatoo
- Ayeyeakerte - Got stories
- Akaltyeileme - To give knowledge
- Mernekenhe - For food
- Artangentye - Working together
- Atetherre - Green budgie
- Arelhe ampwe-kenhe -
- Mpwareme - To make something
“The teachers are brilliant and there’s lots of space in our playground.”
- Year 1 students